There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available at the Easthampton COA Enrichment Center and other local organizations. We currently have over 88 active volunteers who provide over 8000 hours of service each and every year.
What positions are held by Volunteers at Easthampton COA Enrichment Center ?
Board Members (appointed), Companions Drivers ( Background check required & mileage stipend offered), SHINE Counselors (to help with insurance questions), Friends Members (fundraising and events), AARP Tax Counselors (seasonal, through AARP), afternoon front desk receptionist, Newsletter Drop off help (year round), Bingo Callers ( year round), Activity or Events help (occasional), Active Adult Hike Group Leader (monthly), Travel Club Group Leaders ( year round), Healthy Bones Instructor (filled through RSVP) and Garden help (April- October)
The Easthampton Council on Aging Enrichment Center is looking for special people to fill the following volunteer openings.
1. VOLUNTEER RECEPTIONIST: The Enrichment Center is seeking volunteer receptionists. Shifts are 4 hours/week M-F from 12-4 p.m. Hours may vary during staff vacations or absences. Receptionists answer a 2-line phone system. A third line is available for Fax purposes. Receptionists may need to make reservations for trips, activities and other events, Foot care appointments, SHINE, Outreach appointments and direct calls to the proper staff person. This volunteer position requires someone who can:
- multi-task with calls,
- answer dispatch radio for the van service, relay information and acknowledge/ confirm calls
- answer people asking questions at the front desk--- and these can happen ALL happen at the same time!
- be aware of accurate information regarding events, classes, trips etc. in order to anwer questions.
Reception personnel need to be able to prioroitize on the fly while remaining professional and pleasant., Excellent customer service skills and patience are needed in this very public position. Please call 413-527-6151
2. EVENT VOLUNTEER
The Enrichment Center seeks Event Volunteers who can assist the Activity & Event Coordinator and the E vent and publicity Coordinator with setting up, organizing and cleaning up after events and special activities when needed. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the center at 413-527-6151.
3. SENIOR TRANSPORTATION/ COMPANION DRIVER VOLUNTEER
Volunteer drivers are needed immediately to assist clients with transportation to/from medical appointments, hairdresser/barber, pharmacy, shopping and more. Volunteers can receive mileage reimbursement of $.54/mile to help offset the cost of using your own vehicle. A clean driving record and CORI background check required. Please call 413-527-6151
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
Highland Valley Elder Services, in collaboration with AARP Foundation, is looking for open-minded, compassionate, and patient volunteers with good budgeting, organizational, and supporting skills to help manage the finances of older low-income individuals who want assistance. If this has described you, and you have a few hours a month to volunteer, our Money Management Program will train and match you with someone in your community who needs help to manage their everyday finances. Please contact Money Management Program Coordinator at Highland Valley Elder Services by calling 413-586-2000
Volunteer Application Form: Click HERE to download our Volunteer Application